Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Lauren Hillary Rocks!

My west coast friends have been so nice to me this year! I hope I can return the favor someday!

About a week ago I received a phone call from bride-to-be Stephani who said Lauren Hillary had referred me. They were looking to have some engagement pictures taken in NYC before their upcoming wedding in California. I said, "well, it's awfully cold outside, but if you'll brave the weather I will, too!"

Stephani and Anthony wanted to meet me in Madison Square Park which is also the spot where they got engaged. I think it was about 30 degrees, with a brisk breeze blowing, but jackets were not necessary for these two. :)

Good luck with your wedding! Hope you enjoy the show! (click the photo below)

3 Comments:

Blogger JenDavis said...

Love Love Love the shot on the subway platform! How did you get the light to look so great? Are you on a tripod (I ask because I can't imagine you using a tripod on an engagement shoot :)

12:52 PM  
Blogger jason groupp said...

Jen -

Thanks!! You're making it too complicated! :) It's easy. You just need to make sure you D-R-A-G your shutter so you get the blur of the subway. The flash will stop any movement of the couple...

This was shot @ 800 ISO, 1/8th second @ f/4 - holding the camera as steady as possible. Also - bounce your flash off of those nice white subway tiles - nice soft light! :)

Hope that helps!

1:13 PM  
Blogger colinmichael said...

Great suff, love the "cover shot!"

12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home