Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Maureen and Ed

I know in many of my blog posts I talk about the BEAUTIFUL weather so you would think that's all I see. It may never rain in Southern California, but that's not true in the NorthEast.

However - if it was beautiful and nice all the time what fun would that be? Who needs bright beautiful days? As a photographer I love the challenges shooting in NYC can bring. Bright sunny days to dark dreary rainy afternoons - I love them all. Of course, a warm sunny day is great, but there is something cozy about a rainy day.

Let's just say Maureen and Ed's morning was very cozy. :) We spoke earlier in the week and they mentioned their concern for the weather. I told them not to worry, if it did rain we would grab some of my giant umbrellas and find some fun places for pictures. I also promised some awesome shots if it was raining - I love the shine the city streets get when it rains. (You might notice in movies, that when they shoot the NYC streets they are often wet -- it just looks better on film!)

Fortunately for Maureen, Ed and myself, the sun came out for their cocktail hour and we took advantage of the sunset. Click on the image below for their slideshow.


Thanks again Maureen and Ed!!

I also need to say thanks to my friends and rockin' photo couple Laura and Paul Eaton for helping me out! Many of the great shots are theirs too. Thanks guys!

6 Comments:

Blogger Paul and Laura said...

Hey Jason,
Thsnks so much for having us! We had a great time!

Talk soon!
Laura & Paul

10:19 PM  
Blogger Amy Martin said...

Well at least it looks like it cleared up for them :) Good stuff!

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason! Great images! I miss the city. I'll be back next weekend. Hopefully I can get some down tome to meet up. You Rock!!

7:54 PM  
Blogger Frank DiMeo said...

Jason, Jason, Jason...
What can I say?
You continue to amaze me with your ability to mix your old style with your new style. Or is it that your experience/old style is what makes your new style so good?

Honestly, you can tell when it is a shot that you have done a zillion times before because you do it just so. For instance, the Dad giving away the bride. How many of those have you done? It must be a lot because you can't get an image as perfect as this one (perhaps the best I ever saw) without having the history to back it up.

Then there is the new craze of "flare on purpose" (something us older shooters were actually taught how to avoid), but again you reinvent the whole idea by incorporating the reflection and great composition.

I love the middle of the streets shots, the overall diversity, and especially the 4th from last shot (please be sure to enter this one as well as the others I mentioned into PDN).

Continue to rock on Bud!

9:55 AM  
Blogger jason groupp said...

Thanks Everyone!!

Frank, Frank, Frank! Thanks so much for your comments! Yea - I have to admit that shot of Maureen's Dad giving her away is one of my all time favorites. Coming from a Top Knot winner that means so much - you rock!

jason

11:08 AM  
Blogger tj cameron said...

nice man. those last few portraits and the flare shot are sweet.

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home