Sunday, December 09, 2007

A winter stroll through DUMBO.

Micah is as tall the Evergreens that grow in the hills of Portland, OR where they first met and Cristina is......well, not.

I'll admit, this does pose quite a challenge for me, but I like challenges. :) I also don't typically shoot engagement sessions in the winter time, but Micah & Cristina promised me Grimaldi's pizza to warm me up after the shoot, so how could I say no?

I haven't eaten pizza at Grimaldi's in a long time and I'm not sure why I was waiting because this is just simply the one of the best pies in the world. We even stood in line and I don't like standing in line. :)

Anyway - to get started we took some time talking about Micah and Cristina's wedding, strolling about DUMBO and warming up on hot chocolate from Jacques Torres (another delicious place not to missed).

Of course, what trip in DUMBO would be complete without a walk on the Brooklyn Bridge Promenade? That is where I grabbed this shot of Cristina reaching up for a kiss....

Click on the image below for their slideshow!

10 Comments:

Blogger Rob Munroe said...

No only did you come to Brooklyn and not give m a call to say you were on my side of the river, but you went to Grimaldi's TOOOO!!!!! You're luck the pics are nice. Cristina reeeeeaching up for the kiss on the Bridge works, I can see her doing that again at their reception.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Amy Martin said...

mmmm, just the mention of Grimaldi's makes my mouth water!

Great images Jason!

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that the pizza place everyone was talking about in Brooklyn?? :-) If Rob is upset you didn't invite him I'm sure it's the place.

Don't talk about NY pizza. The best we have is Papa John's so I'm considering this post to be offensive!

:-)

Oh and like i've said many many times before.... I LOVE your black and whites! That's is an incredible shot!

mary beth

9:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Fantastic! Simply fantastic!!! DUMBO rocks and you rock DUMBO!

6:49 PM  
Blogger Michael + Anna Costa said...

I LOVE DUMBO!! Your images are awesome! We got to shoot their last May and were SO stoked to be shooting there!!!

5:46 PM  
Blogger Stacy Cross said...

Love the image . . . and it was so awesome meeting you last night! I adore your work! :) Great great great stuff!

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fabulous shot! I just love it!

1:54 PM  
Blogger Courtney Sprague said...

These are so gorgeous!! Love them all (and also love Jacques Torres and Grimaldi's=mmmmmmm). We'll be in the City over Christmas....maybe we'll have to get back there.)

It was so great to meet you and Fred in A-town, and I can tell that the Revolution workshop is going to be A-mazing! Thanks so much, again!

3:05 PM  
Blogger tj cameron said...

these are nice man. kinda makes me miss NY :)

9:55 AM  
Blogger LuckyRedHen said...

I ADOREADOREADORE this image... every spec of it! luv, lrh

5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home