Sunday, October 08, 2006

The Barnaby train!

Yesterday while taking pictures of Sara getting ready, we watched and discussed the rapidly changing weather. The wind was blowing quite hard and the sky was gloomy with ominous clouds rolling by. I told Sara that a cloudy day was actually great for pictures and that the weather forecast was predicting for a nicer (partly sunny) day.

Sara then said, "Jason, I'm not worried, I am on the Barnaby train!" Of course I needed more details...

She explained that when the "chips were down", Barnaby always managed a sunny outlook, aka "The Barnaby Train". :) For example, when Sara voiced her concern for the weather earlier in the week, Barnaby turned to her and said, "Sara, it doesn't rain on the Barnaby train! Are you sure you're on the right train?" :)

No sooner did Sara finish her story - the clouds started to blow out and blue skies opened up! After the ceremony while riding in the limo with newlyweds, I joked about how great the weather was on "The Barnaby Train." Sara said, "Barnaby promised the weather would be beautiful and I never doubted it for a minute." Smiling, I turned to Barnaby and said, "In all the years I have been shooting weddings, you have pulled the greatest Joe Namath of wedding days by guaranteeing the weather." :) True to his word, the rest of the day was a beautiful October New York day!

Sara and Barnaby - since your engagement shoot, I have had a blast working with both of you. Your infectious laughter and great attitude towards life is inspiring. We really had a great time yesterday - don't forget to send some pictures from Bali!! Have a great time!

BIG time thank you to Carlos and Jeff for their help yesterday - you guys are the best! I must have had a dozen people approach me with compliments about how great you were.

Be sure to check out Jeff's blog and Carlos' blog for more of Barnaby and Saras' pictures.


Here are just a few teasers...






4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

so far....so amazing! it was a pleasure seeing you interact with sara and barn! they told me today that they missed you!! (from jaime the maid of honor)

8:01 PM  
Blogger jason groupp said...

Thanks Jaime!! I miss them too! :) It was nice meeting you.

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason, again, thank you for asking me to assist you and Carlos with Sara and Barnaby's wedding. I look forward to us getting together to look over all of their images. I hope all of my future bride and grooms are as easy and fun to work with as Sara and Barnaby. Jeff

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jason your couples always seem to love you? how do you do it?!

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home