Monday, March 24, 2008

Monsta' post!

Hey there! OK - gonna apologize in advance for the HUGE post. :)

I'm back from Vegas, along with the 10,000 other photographers who descended upon Sin City for a week of fun, networking and, well, lots of partying. This was my second trip out there for WPPI, and it did not disappoint. Last year I found most of the photographers were from the western part of the country, but this year the east coast represented!

Here's a few fun shots from my trip I wanted to share with my friends. I wish I had taken a picture with every person I met for the first time and those I've known for years, but that would just make me look like a dork. OK - a bigger dork. :)


Clockwise from me, Mary Beth Tyson, Aimee Cooper, TimmyCo, Amy Martin, and my roomie Colin Michael.




Always entertaining Fred Egan



Rockstar road-trip producers on a layover for WPPI - Amber Holritz and Corey McNabb. They'll be hitting NYC in a few weeks, make sure NOT to miss it!




Always "ON" John Griffin. :)



Jonathan Rubin, and Roberto Falck



Add the fabulous Dasha Wright, and Phil Mantas



The lovely Shannon Sewell and Kathy Carlisle



...a little fun with Punam Bean and Julia Newman



Shannon returning while texting with her warm cup of foam. :)



Saving the best for last. The one the only - B



Last and never least my good friend Regis Chen.




Fun stuff aside, I also was fortunate to be asked by the GraphiStudio team to speak at their booth during the convention. Being my first speaking gig at a tradeshow I must admit I was super nervous. I have newfound respect for those friends of mine who get up in front of 200+ crowds on regular basis with such ease. I want to thank my friends for coming to support me, it meant more than you can imagine to see your friendly faces. Here's a few pics....

These taken by Kim Craven from Brian Dorsey Studios. Thanks Kim - You rock!







Big time thanks to my friend Scarlett for grabbing these shots of me too!




This will also be one of my last posts on this blog! :( As I approach my 300th post, it's time to say goodbye. I've been working with Ross at Flosites and am so excited at the progress he's made. He's worked super hard on this one and I'll be posting some shots from a shoot I did last week out at the Valley of Fire.

Here's one Riley grabbed of me shooting - thanks to Aimee and Riley for all your help!!

12 Comments:

Blogger Amy Martin said...

Loving that first image! :) As always, loved hanging out with you! Hope Leaving Las Vegas was fun... cannot wait to see the new site!

3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, so jealous. I can't imagine how exhausted you must be. Get some SLEEP!

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Regis Chen's web addy is:

http://www.regisphotography.com/

I am not 100% sure. Hope this helps.

4:37 PM  
Blogger jason groupp said...

Hey - Thanks!! :)

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to see you again at Vegas. Hope to hook up again sometime.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Aimee said...

So fun to hang out with you! Can't wait to see your new site - that's awthhhomme!

7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason! Always a pleasure ;) And, wow, you certainly captured me at my finest... haha

Great seeing you again ~S

9:02 PM  
Blogger Heaven's Eye Phtotography said...

That Shannon Sewell clearly cracks us up. It was a blast to hang out with you for the short time that we had. I am sure that you are well on your way to a deeper, more positive you, by reading A New Earth like I suggested;) Wish we could have heard you talk or hung out some more. Guess we are going to have to hang New Yorker-style (I'll bring my mean face)!

10:08 PM  
Blogger Mary Beth Tyson Photography said...

Hey now... there HAS to be a more flattering image than that first one! :-)

That night was too much fun!

mary beth

ps - send me some of your shots. I didn't take any fun shots!

11:23 PM  
Blogger Regis said...

Hey Jason buddy! Great to see you in Vegas. Wish we lived closer so we don't just see each other once a year at WPPI.

All the best to you and your family!

10:05 PM  
Blogger F.E. Castleberry said...

LOVE ya bro!!

1:00 AM  
Blogger Augie Chang, Photographer said...

REALLY nice meeting you all at WPPI. I can't wait to hang out again in the future.

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home