Monday, March 03, 2008

Death Valley Day 4 (wrap up)

....back to weddings tomorrow! Just a few more photos for now. I still have a ton of film I shot with my pinhole camera which hasn't seen the light of day in quite some time. I'm looking forward to seeing those shots but, with a full week of shooting next week and then off to WPPI the week after that.....I think it'll be a while.

Here's the last couple of shots from the morning before we returned home.


Colin waiting for some sweet light. :)


I have to say despite all the "difficulties" I had - this was a fantastic trip! :) A perfect getaway to recharge my soul and give me some time think about things I wish to accomplish in the upcoming year. I came away from this trip with one valuable lesson - and that was the importance of the getting the shot framed up, nailing the exposure and taking the time to THINK about what I was photographing. While being so deliberate is what landscape photography is about, wedding photography can be quite the opposite. Growing as an artist is always a process and I am so lucky to have such awesome friends to share it with!

3 Comments:

Blogger Stak Images said...

stunning flower shots!

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well done. now I really wish I'd stayed around for those last few days, what fun light.

Can't wait to hang at WPPI!

7:35 PM  
Blogger Chris Neyen said...

Jason this stuff is really wonderful. I'd like prints!

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home