Thursday, June 28, 2007

Laurie and Alan (Soshie too!)

When I looked at the weather forecast for Santa Fe a few days before I left for Laurie and Alan's wedding, I couldn't believe my eyes. Thunderstorms and rain! I emailed Colin in disbelief - I mean there are about 300 days of sunshine in Santa Fe each year and it would be my luck it would rain! Fortunately, the forecast changed and even though we had a few showers, they were gone before we knew it.

From the moment I arrived in my room and I was greeted with a cute gift bag, Laurie and Alan had every detail planned for a beautiful day. Saturday morning we met up for a quick lunch and then were off for some pictures in town. Downtown Santa Fe is an amazing little city with some really cool architecture. I don't usually have this much time to do portraits of the bride and groom (and with such a cute couple!) so it was a real treat.

It was time for us to leave for the ceremony - of course not without a quick stop back at the hotel to get Laurie and Alan's beloved dog, Soshie. I've met some cool doggies before, but this little guy was the BEST. He hung out all day with us and was the best model! :)

The reception was held at the top of the Eldorado Hotel. What a perfect backdrop to the perfect day! The sun setting over the mountains was stunning end to a beautiful day....but wait there's more!

After dinner we walked across the street to the beautiful Georgia O'keefe Museum for dessert and dancing. With colors matching of one of Georgia's paintings (if you know the name of the painting please leave a comment!), the new bride and groom cut their cake. Please note I must give credit for one of the cake shots to their friend Amanda. Colin was busy readying the slideshow so I asked if she wanted to help. :) She hesitated at first when I handed her my other camera, but took the great shot of them kissing. Nice job Amanda!

As they danced the night away, the moon rose across the sky.


I want to thank Laurie and Alan for an amazing time and for making me feel like family. I also want to thank Colin one more time for helping me out - he took many of the awesome shots in the slideshow, including the rehearsal dinner photos since I could not be there. Looking forward to seeing you again in September! Click the photo below for the slideshow!

4 Comments:

Blogger colinmichael said...

Alan and Laurie were absolutely amazing hosts and shooting with you is always a treat, it was an absolute privilege for me to get to share in such an amazing day! Thanks for having me!
BTW, I was really glad to see The Door at the end of the slideshow, we all really worked for that one! :)

11:52 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Beautiful slideshow guys! You guys did an awesome job! I really like how it starts out with the rehersal dinner. The door shot is awesome, when was that one shot?

9:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice work Jason.. awesome slideshow

9:15 AM  
Blogger Nicholaus Haskins said...

Jason, your stuff frikking rocks!

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home