Sunday, April 01, 2007

Baby Linus' room - Day one




I'm not sure if anyone will find this post interesting, but I haven't started a family blog, so I'm going to share this with all of you! With "Linus" expected to arrive in about 6 weeks, Liz has finally worn me down to get moving on the nursery.

If you know me, you know that I a NOT a handyman. However, after many unsuccessful attempts at getting a painter/carpenter/next door neighbor's kid/anyone to do this job, I decided that if this room was going
to be finished before Liz gives birth, I needed to get on the job.

Today's pictures show sanding and prepping - this is no ordinary painting job, of course. The previous owners painted with some kind of "suede" paint which needs to be sanded first. I think. More later - stay tuned

4 Comments:

Blogger Rob Munroe said...

Your off to a great start Jason. Floor looks well protected, I see tape at the base, you'll be fine. If you need help... just google it.

10:40 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

LOL. You as a handyman. LOL.

6:07 PM  
Blogger colinmichael said...

Don't worry, I waited until only 3 weeks before to get everything put together for my son...of course I didn't have to paint and sand! :)

10:30 AM  
Blogger Dustin Izatt said...

Have fun with that, it looks like it has great potential. I can't wait to see pictures of your new baby. Who knows, maybe we'll have our babys on the same day :) If I am ever in New York, we need to hook up, you are the best.

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home