Saturday, March 17, 2007

It's a small, small world!

Living in the most densely populated area of the United States, I am always amazed at who I run into. This past week was exceptional, though. On our way back to NJ last Saturday night, we ran into Michelle and Ed who's wedding I shot at the Liberty House 2 years ago. It was fun catching up again!

Then a few days later, Liz was helping me shop for a new pair of eyeglasses. This is usually a very L-O-N-G drawn out process - fortunately my wife is very patient. My last few pairs have been by Oliver Peoples, there is just something about these specs I really like. Of course, the closest place was a 25 minute drive, but we decided to take a ride. It took all of 10 minutes to decide on the new frames, which was awesome. As we were wrapping up my order, I look down and see this picture on the woman's desk (gotta love camera phones!).


I do a double take and say "Hey - that's my picture!!" She looks at me and defensively says "What?! - that's my daughter!" I responded, "Well - I was your daughter's photographer, wait you're...." Excitedly, she says "Yes - I'm Debra's Mom!"

Of course, the entire store is looking at us now. We laughed and I mentioned that her pictures are still on my website today. They rented this cool checkered cab to drive them around the city and we took a bunch of pictures in front of it. Then, Debra's mom went on to tell me how much she loves all the pictures, but especially the one on her desk - there's nothing more rewarding to me than see that. Thanks Debra's Mom!

Of course, make sure you say hello to Ellen (Debra's Mom) if your're ever in H.C. Deuchler's in Summit, NJ. They did an awesome job! Thanks!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dig the specs Jay.

d

12:02 PM  
Blogger colinmichael said...

That is the best thanks you can get!
Cool glasses...I'm due for new ones too...

10:33 PM  
Blogger Frank DiMeo said...

Dude, new specs, new logo, and pretty soon a new baby. Wow!

Can't wait to see your images from Vegas, wish I was there with you too, but you know I was there in spirit.

I just mentioned you and Liz in a post on my blog. Check it out when you get a chance.

Rock on Bud,
-Frank

10:08 AM  
Blogger Tim Halberg said...

that's freaking awesome seeing your pics in someone's workspace!!!! kinda like a carpenter seeing the house built and people living it it!

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home