Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Chrismakkuh '06 recap

Chrismakkuh is the term Seth Cohen coins in one of the early seasons of the O.C. Yes, I admit it, "The O.C." was a guilty pleasure of ours. Unfortunately, the show has "jumped the shark" more times than Shamu jumps for her daily dinner making it impossible to continue watching.

Anyway - if you did not know, I am Jewish and my wife is Catholic. This can pose some big challenges in a marriage, especially when we both came from moderately religious families. That's where having a good sense of humor comes in. :)

Being in an interfaith marriage does have its perks though - there is never an argument about which family we must be with for all the holidays. Thanksgiving does pose a challenge so for the last few years we have hosted. Problem solved.

This year we celebrated Christmas eve at home (sorry no photos) - and then went down to my brother and sister in-law's for Christmas day to celebrate and exchange gifts. Of course there were tons of gift cards (a few B&H for me), CD's, sweaters and games given out, but there was one I just had to share. Here is a picture of my favorite gift from my niece Gia. I nearly started crying when I read the back - fortunately, Liz quickly diverted the attention away from me. I am such a sap. :)






Pictured above is Kiera, Gia, Tommy and I about 7 years ago. It made me think how fast time flies and how important photos can be. I have watched these guys grow up over the last 11 years and we have had such a great time. I have had so much fun taking pictures of them - one of these days I will share a few.

Finally - we received our best Chrismakkah gift in my life - a photo of our baby be we have nicknamed "Linus" - he is 20 weeks and due to make his debut on May 15, 2007.




Is that the cutest baby ever?

4 Comments:

Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

A big awwwwwwwwwwww on the card and baby picture! It's a little Jason. :-)

8:49 PM  
Blogger Rob Munroe said...

Congrats Jason, Linus looks just like Elizabeth. Lucky you

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason, congratulations to you and your wife!

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason Congrats!! That is so exciting!

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home