Thursday, February 01, 2007

Monthly music review. Part I

OK - so this post falls in the category of wha!?!? :)

Well - if you know a little about me you know music is a big part of my life. Since an early age I grew up in a family who loved music and often was around musicians with my Dad. Unfortunately, my brother got all the "soul" so I never could play an instrument well, but the appreciation for music is definitely not lost on me. Many times when people come into the studio they ask "what are we listening to?"

Since I have music playing just about most of my waking hours I like to mix it up a lot. I am always looking for new artists, so if you are like me you appreciate it when you "discover" that new great band. Here are a few I have really loved lately - got a favorite band you like? Leave me a comment, I'd love to hear it!

jets overhead. Check out the song Killing Time.

Lions in the Street. Great Rolling Stonesish sound, yet still original. You need some new photos though! Call me! ;)

Peaches Warning! Explicit lyrics! Shock - rap - rocker with an explosive sound. She has guests like Joan Jett and Josh Homme from Queens of the Stone age. The new release is awesome, check out "boys wanna be her".

Cut Chemist . Best known for his Itunes commercial, check out his new release "the garden", very cool new version of Astrud Gilberto's song, who is best known for "the girl from Impanema". For more on this song check out this guys blog.

1 Comments:

Blogger ~Bill said...

Thanks for the links, new music is always good. I'm enjoying Plans from Death Cab for Cutie right now, great album. Check it out if you haven't already. ;-)

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home