Friday, August 04, 2006

Yanks move into 1st place!

I have been a Yankee fan since my dad used to moonlight at the stadium (as a union electrician) from 1978-1981 - talk about some dynasty years! My mom was also a big baseball fan (although I think she just liked Bucky Dent in that tight uniform) and for those four years my dad would "find" seats for my brother Douglas, our friends and my patient mother who would drive us into the Bronx in the sweltering heat all summer long. I can still remember how hot that 1974 Plymouth Duster with no A/C would get on the Major Deegan Expressway. :) I was only 9 years old, but I remember dreaming of being the next Ron Guidry, and how crushed I was when Thurman Munson died in the plane crash. These memories all came back to me in a flash when Luke came back to his seat with an ice cream sundae in a mini Yankee batting helmet. As an nine year old there was nothing better than one of those sundaes (in the helmet of course) at the game. Ah, good times. :)

Monday night I went to the game with my good friends Frank, Alisha, Timco, Chris, Brian, Luke, and Roberto. It was one of the hottest games I can remember, but so were were the Yanks! Our man, Bernie Williams broke the game open in the 4th inning and it was all Yanks from that point on. Looking forward to watching the Yanks in October! Here are a few very sweaty shots of us at the game. We are all right in the middle of our busy season so it awesome to take a night out to just enjoy each other's company, and talk a little "shop" of course. :)



Frank, Luke and I (above) before the game.



Roberto and I enjoying a couple of beers.










Thanks to Frank for grabbing this shot of all of us! He took most of the pictures all night - make sure to check his blog for more!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What?! No pictures of "the bat"? Glad to see you had a good time.
best,
d

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home