Sunday, March 19, 2006

Thanks Luke!

As a Photographer I look for inspiration from all aspects of my life. Sometimes, they can come from out of nowhere, like this box of Doughnuts, Luke must have taken a picture of Saturday morning as we were packing up my gear. I thought nothing of it at first, and left it on my flash card. Later that day I was viewing some of my images of Juli and Scott and this image popped up. For some reason I found the composition really pleasing, and decided to challenge myself that day to really look for that same random composition.



Luke Walker has also been one of those sources of inspiration I never expected. We met through another Photographer (Tom Contrino) who has a studio downstairs from me. Tom called me and said he had just interviewed a "kid" who I might be interested in. He came upstairs and we chatted for a while. Immediately, I was impressed at how motivated and ambitious he was for only 22 years old, so I quickly asked him to join me as one of my second Photographers on shoots. He explained how he had his own studio in upstate NY, but that when he was free he would love to join me as a learning experience.

Since then, Luke and I have become great friends with an open exchange for ideas, knowledge and inspirations. However - I am not sure who the "kid" is, because I learn just as much from him as he does me.

Here are a few shots of Luke Chimping (definition below) at last nights wedding. Thanks for everything Luke!





"Chimping" n:

the act of constantly using the display on the back of a digital camera to
review the photos one is taking. Named for the sounds made by its
practitioners, for example, "Oh oh oh ooh ooh ooh look at this one!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home